Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Murphy's Law

Though Wikipedia may not be right about much, I think they got this one right...

Murphy's law is an adage or epigram that states: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong."It is used as either a purely sarcastic musing that things always go wrong, or, less frequently, a reflection of the mathematical law that dictates that, given infinite time, all possible occurrences will eventually take place.

Today begins Phase II of my extremely important technology implementation that I have spearheaded for the Houston region and when I got to work this morning and our servers were down! I absolutely love it! We have had more problems with implementing this project I guess I should just come to expect it. Because of all of this, I'm somewhat in a daze this morning. I don't really care about anything else at this point, other than the fact that we have people here expecting to enter all asset information for the county and they can't. So, we've had lots of doughnuts and coffee and small talk. I'm so glad I decided to buy doughnuts this morning. That might be the best $19.00 I've ever spent. People tend to stay happier and not mind the frustrations as much if there is free food. Maybe the 52% of Americans who disapprove of the Obama Administration would approve if, instead of giving all of our money away to bail-outs, he would just offer every American free food. Just a thought.

With that being said, let's rant... I heard on the radio this morning that in his first nine months of office, Obama had done 10x more fundraising than Bush did in 4 years. Why does the media not report this? He made 5 trips to New Orleans during his campaign making promises and chastizing Bush for not taking care of the people there. In his first nine months in office he has visited New Orleans once and for only four hours because he was on his way to yet another fundraiser in San Fransisco. Where is Kanye West to tell Obama that he doesn't care about black people???? Where is the media to criticize every single move that Obama makes? Granted Bush could've done a better job with Katrina and the people of New Orleans, but alot of the responsibility falls on the state and local government as well. It's kind of hard to enforce laws when the majority of your police officers evacuate. And...just because Obama is black doesn't automatically mean that he's doing better job to fix it. There is such a double standard in the media right now. It's almost as if Obama can do no wrong just because he's the 1st black president!!! I feel like he's the kid that wanted to be the student body president just for the attention, not really realizing that there is work involved in holding such a position. Being the leader of the free world involves alot more than attending fundraisers and playing golf with campaign donators. It's extremely comforting to know that while our soldiers are out there risking their lives for us, while our unemployment rate is soaring, while the dollar is losing value by the second and the nation's "healthcare reform" is in the crapper... our "fearless" leader is setting up tee times. This is just not right to me. I may only be one person, but as long I still have the freedom of speech, I'm going to use it!

More later...

1 comment: