Thursday, November 19, 2009

There's No Place Like Home (click-click-click)

As the holidays get closer, I get more and more anxious to be at home with my family. I miss them all the time, but there's something about Thanksgiving and Christmas that makes me want to be home even more. I am so blessed to have the family that I have. They all mean the absolute world to me. Being away, I feel like I'm missing out on so much even though nothing major is going on. It's the little things that I miss, like seeing the excitement in my nieces eyes when they light up the Christmas tree on the Plaza or going to Weihnachtsmarkt with my mom to look at all the neat stuff or helping my mom and dad put up the Christmas tree even though we hate doing it. Once it's up though, it's so worth all the time it took to untangle the lights!!! There's nothing like driving in the driveway and seeing the Christmas tree though the window!
It's ironic that growing up, all you can think about is how bad you want to leave home and move out on your own, but once you're grown all you can think about is getting back home.

Just a few thoughts about family and holidays. I'm feeling a little nostalgic right now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment